Sunday, January 29, 2012

Some fun ideas for valentine's day!

Do you feel the spirit of love in the air?  I'm sure you notice whenever you go shopping you are being barraged by hearts, cupids and the color red.  Well it's almost valentine's day.  I thought it would be fun to look for some interesting and unique valentine's day gifts that you can get on Etsy.  Why give your hard earned money to the usual department stores when you could show your support for an individual trying to live their dream by creating what they love?  Let's spread some love Etsy style this valentine's day!

I've always loved stained glass.  I actually took some stained glass classes and created a few pieces myself.  I know what kind of hard work goes into each of these creations.  When I saw these fun stained glass heart earrings from AfricanSand, I thought they were really a unique way to combine stained glass within a piece of jewelry. 


Stained Glass Heart Earrings by AfricanSand

Aren't those adorable?  I think so!  The artist, Angela, also has some eye-catching stained glass panels, candle holders, business card holders and lots more stained glass jewelry available in her Etsy shop. 

You've heard that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach haven't you?  How about securing your place in your man's heart with one of the gourmet pre-measured mixes available from Kimmi's Etsy shop, LipSmackinCreations?  You can tell her mixes are going to be delicious just by looking at the pictures!

 
Chocolate Luv Pancakes by LipSmackinCreations

What man wouldn't love waking up to the smell of some homemade pancakes with chocolate and peanut butter in the mix?  Yum!  Kimmi has lots of delightful mixes available in her Etsy store including spice mixes, cookies, hot chocolate and even a special treat for your dog. 

Everyone likes sending cards on Valentine's day to show that special someone how much they care.  Why not do it with a unique handmade card from Michelle's Etsy shop, papermichelle?  Check out this one, the Thief of Hearts:


Valentine Card- Thief of Hearts by papermichelle

Isn't that cute?  Michelle's cards are hand drawn and screen printed by her.  She draws small, silly things that make her happy.  She has a great variety of cards in her shop and I think you are sure to find one that makes you smile too!

Lots of men buy flowers for their ladies for valentine's day.  This year, why not get her something different and get a handmade ceramic bud vase for all those flowers instead?  She'll remember your gift all year round with a vase that can be used for a variety of purposes, and looks great all by itself too.  This vase is available in Marietta's shop, blueroompottery:


Ceramic Bud Vase by blueroompottery

I love the wonderful texture and color combination of this vase.  Marietta's Etsy shop is full of lovely and functional pottery that is really a work of art.

My last item to share with you today is actually one of my own pieces, I just adore it and I hope you do too.  It is an adaptable necklace in that it can be worn two different ways, with the heart charm centered in the front, or you can switch it around and have the heart hanging sexily down the back of your neck.

 
Chained to your heart beaded necklace by greygirldesigns

It features sparkling deep red garnet gemstones, faceted black onyx, a faceted black fire agate stone, sterling silver and the rust steel heart charm.  It is a bit goth, a bit modern funky cool all in a one of a kind piece of wearable art.  This beaded necklace is available now in my Etsy store, greygirldesigns, and there is still plenty of time for me to ship it to you for valentine's day.

I hope you saw something you liked from my valentine's day picks!  Of course this is just a small sampling of the wonderful things you can find on Etsy.  Take a look for yourself and see what I mean!  Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog today...I'd just love it if you'd leave me a comment and let me know you were here! 

1 comment: