Sunday, May 8, 2011

Milestones...

This weekend was a whirlwind of activities for me.  My brother graduated from college (way to go Brian!), my grandpa celebrated his 90th birthday (happy birthday grandpa!!), and today is mother's day (happy mother's day mom!).  It's gotten me feeling a bit philosophical and thinking about life's milestones.  The events that mark a change or new beginning in our lives.  These are moments that help us measure where we are in life, show us where we've been and what we've accomplished.  Without taking time to celebrate these grand events each day would just be another day, just like the one before, and we might not even realize how far we've come and how precious each day in a life really is. 
The business world is really the same way.  This year will forever be the year I began my business venture as Grey Girl Designs, the starting point by which to measure how long my business has been around and how it is doing.  I've had lots of events happening that mean something in the life of my business such as first deciding to start off on this adventure, getting my business licenses, setting up my Etsy shop online and listing my first item for sale.  Making my first online sale, joining my first team, setting up my website, blog and facebook business page.  As it continues it gets bigger and busier and it is almost like a child growing and developing!  Wow, I didn't realize when I started this whole thing that it was going to become such an integral part of who I am.  It started off as a hobby and it really has grown into something much more than that.  I really can't wait to see where this adventure takes me.  I hope it will have a happy ending but no matter what at least I'm enjoying the journey each day.
I hope you all are enjoying your journeys too and taking a little time to celebrate the milestones in your life.  If you are a mother, enjoy your mother's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment