Sunday, May 1, 2011

Reflections on the 2011 Bead Blast

This weekend was the 11th annual Bead Blast presented by The Bead Society of Greater Kansas City.  I had the great pleasure of attending along with my mother and sister.  I really had a wonderful time.  There were 44 vendors present at the event and various beading and jewelry making classes were given.  I think the Bead Blast is one of my favorite events to attend every year.  It really gives me a sense of euphoria seeing all those beads displayed and being able to shop for new and interesting stones. 
Me at The 11th Annual Bead Blast, getting ready for some fun!
The rooms were full to the brim with bead lovers and jewelry makers.  I am pretty sure everyone there was having a wonderful time right along with me.  I was able to find many new beautiful and unusual beads that will soon be at home in my jewelry designs.  It's funny how motivated and reenergized I am when I have new beads to play with!  It is a really great inspiration as well to see so many people gathered together who share my passion.
A sampling of what you can expect to see in my work this summer.
I have attended the Bead Blast for the last several years and I have never been disappointed by it.  I thought perhaps this year it would be less crowded due to the slow economy but as far as I could tell there was just as big of a crowd as there has been for the last couple of years. I saw many vendors that I remember from years past and I think a few of them may have even remembered me.  I think my favorite booths were from Avian Oasis, Hermina's Beads & Jewelry, Fishlips3 Beads & Blues, Papio Creek Gems and Gifts and Beadz Galore 

All in all, I would have to say that this year's Bead Blast was a real blast for me and I hope to be able to attend again next year...now I have to quit writing and get to work creating something with all these new beads! 

No comments:

Post a Comment